Thursday, August 6, 2009

Let the games begin!

Welcome to my new blog!

I was 10 when my family moved to New Mexico and I’ve now been here for over 25 years. When I first arrived, everything was a complete culture shock. We’d moved from the heavily Mormon city of Idaho Falls, ID to the small, mountain town of Los Alamos. Granted, “LA” isn’t the typical NM town but it was still completely foreign to me.

It took a few years for me to stop missing my former hometown. I think I’d even vowed that I’d NEVER call Los Alamos home. 25+ years later, Los Alamos IS my hometown. New Mexico is my home. I’ve had opportunities to move out of state but turned them down. For the time being, I can’t imagine living anywhere else. The blend of cultures, the amazing scenery, the amazingly beautiful, unsurpassed scenery and the chile that define our state is what keeps me here. No, the state’s not perfect but it’s home and I love it.

I’m sure that blogging about NM is nothing new and maybe this one will turn out to be typical and mundane; however, I suddenly feel compelled to write about our lovely state from my perspective. I thought about limiting the subject matter to just chile but I can’t do that. There’s more to the state than just red or green.

No comments:

Post a Comment